What’s Expected of Me as a Member?
As a member, you will be asked to:
- Pay modest club dues and contribute annually to the Rotary Foundation
- Attend meetings and volunteer community events
- Consider joining a committee or seeking a leadership position
- Use your skills and talents to make a difference
In short, we’re looking for people who want to give back to their communities.
The Value of Membership
Rotary provides opportunities to grow personally and professionally — through mentorship, skill building, service projects, travel opportunities, networking, and more.
For over a century, Rotary has united leaders of all ages and experiences, cultures, and professions, to strengthen their communities.
Through regular programs, projects, and neighborhood activities, our members learn about the issues that face our communities and exchange ideas about how to take action to respond to them.
Members also connect through club events, outings, and visits to other Rotary organizations around the globe, giving them unique opportunities to forge personal and professional connections.
What are the Benefits of Membership?
Becoming a Rotary member connects you with a diverse group of professionals who share your drive to give back. Through regular meetings and events, you’ll:
- Discuss your community’s needs and develop creative ways to meet them
- Connect with other leaders who are changing the world
- Expand your leadership and professional skills
- Catch up with good friends and meet new ones
Other Benefits of Membership Include:
- The Rotary International Convention is our biggest event of the year. Rotary members from all over the world meet at the convention each year to celebrate our successes and make plans for the future.
- Rotary Fellowships give members the chance to join a group of people who share similar interests, hobbies, or vocations. Some groups use their fellowship to make a positive difference.
- Rotarian Action Groups unite Rotary members, family members, program participants and alumni who share their expertise in particular fields by collaborating with clubs and districts on projects.
*These links will take you to the Rotary International website.
Together with Partners, Neighbors, and Friends, we are:
- Promoting peace, encouraging dialogue to foster understanding within and across cultures
- Fighting disease, educating and equipping communities to stop the spread of life-threatening or preventable diseases
- Providing clean water, building local solutions to bring clean water and sanitation services to more people every day
- Saving mothers and children, expanding access to quality care, so mothers and children can live and grow stronger
- Supporting education, expanding access to education and empowering educators to inspire more children and adults to learn
- Growing local economies, creating opportunities for individuals and communities to thrive financially and socially
- Eradicating polio, uniting the world to end polio, once and for all.
Rotary is a trusted partner and resource. With members and projects in almost every part of the globe, there’s no limit to the good we can do.